We aim for an environment which enables and encourages all members of the community to reach out for excellence. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education, it is vital that they attend regularly and your child should be at school, on time, every day the school is open unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
Any absence affects the pattern of a child’s schooling and regular absence will seriously affect their learning. Any pupil’s absence disrupts teaching routines so may affect the learning of others in the same class.
If your child is absent you must:
- Contact us on the first day of absence and all further days unless your child will be off for a fixed period
If your child is absent we will:
- Telephone or text you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you;
- Invite you in to discuss the situation with our Attendance and Welfare Adviser (as well as other members of the Attendance Panel) if absences persist.
Poor punctuality is not acceptable. Late arriving pupils also disrupt lessons, can be embarrassing for the child and can also encourage absence.
Holidays in term time cannot be authorised by the school and you will receive a fixed penalty notice from the Local Authority.
- Accessibility Action Plan
- After School Clubs
- Breakfast Club
- Calendar and Term Dates
- Daily Timetable
- Ofsted and SIAMS Report
- Our History
- Parents' and Carers' Information Guide
- PE and Sports Premium
- Performance Tables
- Pupil Premium
- School Lunches
- School Uniform
- SEND School Report
- Staff List
- Tower Hamlets Local Offer
- Vision and Values